Watch out America, the GOP are busy at work
June 9, 2006
Posted by on
The GOP is at it again. It’s an election year, after all. Before I get to that, did you hear what Bush said when asked to name the “most wonderful moment” of his presidency? He said “I would say the best moment was when I caught a 7 1/2-pound largemouth bass on my lake.” Nothing else came to mind. I believe it.
Here’s what the GOP are up to:
- bringing back the “gay” issue, this time it’s about gay adoption
- more tax cuts for the rich being sold as tax cuts for “all americans” (more here)
- bringing back the flag burning issue
- immigration, immigration, immigration
Where did gay marriage go after the 2004 election? No where. It completely disappeared because it had served the purposed for which it existed in the first place, to elect Republicans.
My prediction: the Republicans will successfully pull the wool over the eyes of the American public yet again over the phantom issues. In other words, the Democrats will not win either the House or Senate in 2006.
Also, let’s not forget these things:
- the mess in Iraq — if you want a good idea what’s going on there, watch this
- the posturing with Iran — WMDs, WMDs!!
- the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan — the drug companies are the winners here
- the swelling budget deficit
What about solving real problems? Like: