We need to stop the war on drugs
November 14, 2015
Posted by on
Listen to Judge Jim Gray, a conservative, tell you why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6t1EM4Onao.
The six groups who benefit from drug prohibition:
- Drug dealers.
- Juvenile gangs. Illegal drugs are their primary source of funding.
- Law enforcement.
- Politicians. It allows them to talk tough about crime and get elected.
- Private sector: construction and staffing of prisons.
- Terrorists. The primary source of funding is illegal drug sales. Repealing drug prohibition would hurt terrorist organizations more than anything else we could do to them.
Who loses? Everyone else.
What will happen if we stop the war on drugs?
- We would save $1B on the war on drugs.
- We would tax it and generate revenue.
- We would make marijuana less available to children.
- The hemp industry would be revitalized. We currently import hemp from other countries.
- The issue of medical marijuana would disappear.
- Usage by adults might go down, as it did in Holland and Portugal.